BCCF is always looking for qualified conservation technicians and biologists who are available for temporary, on-call assignments.
To be included in this pool of candidates, our technicians and biologists must meet the following criteria:
- Be available to work on short notice (often less than 2 weeks);
- Currently reside at, or be willing to relocate immediately (at their own expense) to the work site location (the Lower Mainland is the site of the majority of this work);
- Be willing to complete a security screening process for reliability-level clearance recognized by the Federal Government of Canada; and,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (must already possess a current/valid Social Insurance Number).
We are currently looking for qualified candidates with post-secondary education along with work experience in the following areas:
- Wildlife biologists (particularly with avian or species-at-risk experience)
- GIS and Database analysts (with experience applying the technology to environmental data)
- Water quality technicians/biologists
***Please note that our on-call system does not require fisheries or forestry technicians. Any fisheries or forestry related projects are advertised under the Current Job Postings section when they are available.***
If you are willing and able to to meet the 4 above-listed criteria and have experience that you feel is relevant to the areas listed above, please complete the application process below and upload your resume for review. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted.